Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What I want the government to be...

I believe that the government should not protect the people from themselves. I believe that things such as suicide, drugs, and other outlawed items of interest. I believe by making these things legal and taxing them not only would people, who do not harm other human beings, be let back into society and not prosecuted. But other things such as providing regulations for drugs that are constantly abused or tampered. These items could be taxable, providing the government with more money to be spent on things to prevent abuse of these items. I am not saying that I have a specific wish for these things. I have never done any drug other then the "over the counter" cold medicine or antibiotics. And I do not say that people should do drugs or commit suicide. But who are we to tell you what to do with you body. We allow people to get tattoos or get plastic surgery. If a person wishes to responsibly drink alcohol then that person is allowed to. Why shouldn't we allow people to do what they wish to themselves?

2 comments:

Indigo Lynx said...

Because we're our own worst enemy. We beat ourselves up emotionally and harass ourselves when we did something wrong. Just a quote my Grandmother lent me before she passed away.

Cambo said...

I think it's because the GOVERNment likes to GOVERN and it wouldn't be fun NOT telling or forcing us to do crap.
Think of it as an older sibling trying to control all the kiddies because he/she thinks he/she is right.
Except it's more like a creepy older STEPbrother who is very rude, stinks real bad, and has really deep emotional control issues.

Yeah, that's it!